POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Almost dead computer? : Re: Almost dead computer? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:47:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Almost dead computer?
From: Rune
Date: 1 Oct 2007 08:27:33
Message: <4700e7b5$1@news.povray.org>
Ok, I tried plugging in the PSU to my old computer, and it correctly started
humming and could be turned on and off with that computer's ON-switch. It
also made some beeping. PSU fault ruled out.

Back to problem computer I wanted to test if the On-switch was at fault.
There was a cable labeled M/BSW that was plugged into some pins labeled
PWRSW so I guess that's the On-switch one. I tried unplugging that cable and
replacing it with a jumper while the power was off. That I turned the power
on and ... nothing happened.

So what does that mean? Can I be completely sure that the motherboard is the
fault, or...?

Rune