POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Vector Reorientation: overcoming the twist. : Vector Reorientation: overcoming the twist. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Vector Reorientation: overcoming the twist.
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 30 Sep 2007 22:08:06
Message: <47005686@news.povray.org>
I know "we" solved this problem years ago, but I've forgotten the solution.

I have an object that I am reorienting from y to -y.  At the .y=0
transition, there is a flip.

I see how Mike Williams did it in sweepmesh, but for practicality in my case
I would like a single transform.  Is there no simple mathematical
transformation that allows this to happen without the flip?