POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : domain names for large companies : Re: domain names for large companies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: domain names for large companies
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 29 Sep 2007 11:05:45
Message: <46fe69c9@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote in message news:46e7b170$1@news.povray.org...

> As long as the registrant keeps the domain registered, there is,
> (in my understanding), no way they can 'force' you to hand it over as long
> as it's not used it in any non-commercial/commercial way.

I think it depends on the domain authority. For the .co.za domain, they
require that you have the intention to use the domain (ie, do something with
it within a month or so of registering) and if you don't, you loose the
domain. Also you can't register a domain like a trademark, unless you own
the trademark.