POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : domain names for large companies : Re: domain names for large companies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:44:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: domain names for large companies
From: Nicolas Alvarez
Date: 29 Sep 2007 08:58:44
Message: <46fe4c04$1@news.povray.org>

> As long as the registrant keeps the domain registered, there is,
> (in my understanding), no way they can 'force' you to hand it over as long
> as it's not used it in any non-commercial/commercial way.
>
>      ~Steve~

Now for something completely different... In Argentina, domain names are
free if you register them directly in www.nic.ar, the Network
Information Center (most 3rd parties offering domain registering, with
or without webhosting, will charge; for example, free hosting services
that charge if you want a domain (and fries?) with that).

Apparently there isn't much they can do if somebody already has the name
registered. The recommendation in the FAQ is to basically contact the
one who registered it :P Only if the contact information is outdated or
fake they can do something, but it involves a fairly long bureaucratic mess.