POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual insanity : Re: Game over Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:19:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game over
From: St
Date: 27 Sep 2007 04:02:19
Message: <46fb638b$1@news.povray.org>
news:46fac0a0$1@news.povray.org...
> andrel wrote:
>
>>> In all the looking I've done, I have yet to find a single job where I
>>> can even say "hey, I could probably do that job". Never mind one where
>>> I'd *want* to do that...
>
>> Do I need to remind you that you very much restricted yourself
>> geographically?
>
> One of the reasons for getting a new job is so I can spend less time
> driving there and back. There's enough big companies in this city; surely
> one of them would like some programmers...?

    Ok, go and knock on *ALL* of their doors and ask to see the personnel
manager's - if they can't see you, just ask the receptionist if there are
any vacancies available. If there aren't, ask to be put on 'the list' and
give them your details, or leave your resume with them.

    If you don't do that one simple thing, you will never know what's
'actually' out there. You may be the answer to a problem that they never
realised they had, or you may be the person that somehow would boost their
sales (efficiency in the comp. dept. for example, speeding the whole process
up > creating more sales). You just don't know until you tell them what you
can do.

       Just do it, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. And,
if you're fortunate enough that someone spots the potential in you and
offers you a place, (it happens!) just go for it regardless of what
wages/salary you may get. You'll save a stack on petrol anyway.

      You have ALSO got to think that you are probably 5 to 10 times
*better* than some dude that's been crap in his/her position for a couple of
years - it may be the case that he/she loses their job for you, but so what?
It's a do-or-die world out there, go and do the 'killing'.   >:)

       ~Steve~