POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Team fortress 2 : Re: Team fortress 2 Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Team fortress 2
From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 26 Sep 2007 16:15:35
Message: <46fabde7$1@news.povray.org>
Skip Talbot wrote:
> Eight long years I have waited for this!  I'm buying a new desktop!
>
> What about grenades?  I didn't see mention of them.  Priming grenades
> and precisely  tossing them onto enemies was my main method of kills.

Only the Demo man has grenades. Nobody else has them now.

> Concs?  Conc jumping? What about bunny hopping?  Please tell me that has
> been eliminated.  Its something I have tried to learn and never got
> down.  How about strafing along the wall?  Its an old school speed boost
> that I assume has been fixed?

I haven't observed any of this in TF2. (I never played the original
game. Or head of it, for that matter...)

> Is the scout's shotty the same as the
> soldja's or significantly weaker like in the original?  Tell me all!
> ::rocks nervously in chair::

The Scout has a "scatter gun", which seems to work differently to the
shotgun that everybody else has. It does seem to be weaker to me, but I
don't have any hard facts to back this up with.

I notice also that the soldier's shotgun fires much more slowly than the
one everybody else has...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/