POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual insanity : Re: Game over Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Game over
From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 25 Sep 2007 16:36:27
Message: <46f9714b@news.povray.org>
Brian Elliott wrote:

>> Well, I'm 27, she's 25, not sure if that qualifies as "grown up".
>
> Eh???  Helloo??!!  Yes Andrew, twenty-five is VERY grown
> up. Childhood and teenage are far gone for both of you.

Well, I guess maybe you could say I'm in "denial" or something.

I really hate being old. I'd much rather be a teenager again...

As a teenager, it's considered "normal" to date girls. As an adult, I
just feel like a dirty old man when I even contemplate interacting with
girls. :-(

> Sometimes, you say things that are so gauche, they're unintentionally
> funny and child-like.  Unfortunately, that's because you've experienced
> nothing of the adult's world, and that's because you 're still at home,
> in your bedroom, being cared for by Mum.

Cared for? Heck, this month I think I've seen her about 3 times. The
rest of the time she isn't even here! Heh. (For example, while I've been
suffering with this cold, she's been in north Wales. Suffering even
more, no doubt... When she left, there wasn't even any food in the house.)

(I don't know about the adult's world - I haven't seen the child's one yet!)

>> Housing prices in the UK are currently astronomical.
>
> Yes, buying is getting hard and harder.  I agree totally.  But that
> doesn't justify a strategy of "give up".

I did actually go to the trouble of going to see a finance advisor to
see what the story really is. I was expecting him to say that something
could be done (after all, that way he gets to sell me a product). But
no. Apparently I simply don't earn enough money.

> What happened to the job
> replacement search?  That story's gone quiet for a while.

That came to a halt because I just don't know where to go next.

I started out by writing a CV. I know how to do that. And there are
people who will give you advice and so forth on that. If I know what to
do, I can do it.

But then it came to the actual searching for jobs part. And that I've
never known how to do. And I still don't know how to do it. I've looked
in all the obvious places - the local paper, the local paper's website,
various heavily advertised job websites. I can't find anything remotely
similar to what I'm looking for. So, basically, I'm completely stuck,
and I don't know what to do next.

> You've got to do *something*!  Rent a room, live in a caravan, live in a
> tent, live in a hostel, share accomodation.

Hmm. Sleep in a tent and die of hypothermia, or live in a perfectly good
house? Gee, let me think...

No, if I'm going to move out, I need a *real* place to stay. Doesn't
need to be a place, but it at least needs to be SAFE.

> If you carry on with the
> "do nothing" option as it seems now, soon you will be 30 and still under
> Mum's care.  People will think you are one of those mentally retarded
> kids who HAVE TO be cared for by their parents after they're adults.

I suppose technically they'd be right...

> And doesn't your Mum deserve a break?

Heh. The day I move out (assuming it ever comes), she will be utterly
devestated. Once I leave, she will be financially ruined, and she will
be utterly alone. She's such an obnoxious women that she doesn't have
any "friends", so she will just sit by herself watching TV with nobody
to tell what a crappy day she had.

I, on the other hand, won't have to put up with some person periodically
storming in and ruining my life... Ah, it will be bliss! If only I knew
how...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/