POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual insanity : Re: Virtual insanity Server Time
12 Oct 2024 02:09:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual insanity
From: M a r c
Date: 23 Sep 2007 04:01:00
Message: <46f61d3c$1@news.povray.org>

46f5b48a$1@news.povray.org...

> "M_a_r_c" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
>>

>> 46f512e9@news.povray.org...
>>> Yes, the 'j' does make it harder to hit the roll on the "r".  Been
>>> practicing, and it's a challenge.
>>> --
>>> Cheers,
>>>  Brian
>>

>> My Spanish teacher at shool gave us a training phrase "El general
>> Zumalacarregui es verdaderamente un grande general"
>> the "g" is pronounced same as jota before a "e" or "i" and the "v"  as a
>> "b" (v de vaca , b de buey to spell the difference)
>>
>> Marc
> Sounds like this? > http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/audio.pl?ggjere01.wav=Jerez
Eerrr  it looks like pronounced with a strong american accent :-)
The "j" is too soft, the "r" is not rolled , the second "e" is pronounced as
a diphtong but should have only one short sound (monophtong) as in "pet" and
the "z" should sound as English "th" as in "truth", not as "s"
This one is closer (yet the jota is not hard enough)
http://www.yourdictionary.com/ahd/pron/J0031700.wav
It's easy to understand why English had dropped "Jerez" for "Sherry" :-)

Marc