POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Flying through space crap : Flying through space crap Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Flying through space crap
From: Timothy Groves
Date: 21 Sep 2007 20:48:49
Message: <46f46671$1@news.povray.org>
I've started on my Honorverse animation, and I've run into a snag.

I want something to give some form of indication of the speeds of these
ships.  My thoughts turned to the Wing Commander series of games, that
show tiny bits of space junk flying past the ships, and I thought, "This
might work."

However, I do not want to generate hundreds of tiny objects to have go
flying past the ships.  I tried using a global media, but the results
did not meet my expectations.

Any suggestions?