POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Repeating Patterns : Re: Repeating Patterns Server Time
8 Jul 2024 20:11:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Repeating Patterns
From: Alain
Date: 20 Sep 2007 09:36:13
Message: <46f2774d@news.povray.org>
honnza nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/09/20 04:28:
> "bugman" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>> I made a simple animation that kind of looks like the sun, using the
>> following basic method:
>>
>> camera{location <0,0,-2.25> look_at <0,0,0>}
>> sphere {<0,0,0>,1 pigment{bumps scale 0.25 translate <0,0,clock>}
>> finish{ambient 1}}
>>
>> Initial_Clock=0
>> Final_Clock=1
>> Cyclic_Animation=on
>>
>> The only problem is that I want the animation to loop so that the final
>> picture is continuous with the initial picture. I thought the "bumps",
>> "spotted", and "bozo" patterns would do this for me, but apparently they
>> are not a repeating patterns. Is there any way for POV-Ray to make
>> repeating patterns that resemble these patterns?
>
> maybe you could use warp{repeat offset z/2 flip z}

This will give you a banded aspect. The repeat warp will repeat a particular
strip of the pattern with very visible seams. Also, the offset will cause each
strip to use a different part of the pattern, increasing the visibility of the
seams.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you keep a blacklist of people who