POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 3D mouse! : Re: 3D mouse! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D mouse!
From: scott
Date: 18 Sep 2007 03:26:23
Message: <46ef7d9f$1@news.povray.org>
>> Do you know if it is possible in Catia to make the model rotate about the
>> screen centre rather than the model centre?  When you are zoomed in close
>> on a small part, as soon as you rotate the small part flies off out of
>> view.  I can't seem to find any setting to change this behaviour...
>>

> I use catia V4
>
> There you select a point (after?) pressing CTRL+F3 which will be used as
> rotation centre.
>
> If this is V5 you are using ask me in one year, then the next project will
> be done in V5 and us stress engineers get a training, too.

Hmmm,. yes it is V5.  With the mouse I shift-middle click on a point and
then everything rotates about that point.  But the spaceball still continues
to rotate about the model center rather than the point I just clicked.  Just
wondered if there was a setting somewhere to fix that, because ATM that is
the one thing that annoys me most :-)