POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : How fast, how many? : Re: How fast, how many? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How fast, how many?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 15 Sep 2007 22:17:17
Message: <46ec922d$1@news.povray.org>
On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 23:18:36 +0200, andrel wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:

>>>     You did that left-handed? And you're naturally right-handed (I
>>>     assume)?
>>> Fairplay if so.  :oO
>>
>> Actually, yes, I am naturally right-handed, but that was with my left
>> hand.  Used to be faster, but I haven't played my violin in several
>> years now.
>>
>> I wonder what it'd be like if I actually were still playing. :-)
>>
> over-fatigued?

Hmmm, probably, do need to take a break once in a while after all. ;-)

I've tried a few times recently - don't have the callouses on my fingers
any more, so it does actually hurt a bit to play.

Well, that and that I need about $400 worth of work done on my violin -
had some work done on it some time ago, and whoever did the actual work
glopped some varnish on the end of the soundpost.  Friend of a friend in
the Utah Symphony (a cellist) said he'd take it back to the last people
who worked on it and make them fix it - but the guy's no longer in Utah,
so getting them to do anything is going to be a problem anyways.

Not to mention that the e-string screech was one of the things I asked
them to fix - the cause was something other than what I thought it was,
though, and they did actually do the work I'd asked for, it just was the
wrong cause and they didn't look any further.  I can't remember who
worked on it before that.

Jim