POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : domain names for large companies : Re: domain names for large companies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:48:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: domain names for large companies
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 14 Sep 2007 12:29:38
Message: <46eab6f2$1@news.povray.org>

46eaaba0@news.povray.org...
> First time I read this.  If true, probably the idea of a stupid lawyer
> trying
> to counter-attack Kraft in a last attempt, in front of incompetent judges.

Always go to the source (in French).
http://www.legalis.net/jurisprudence-decision.php3?id_article=1413
Even if this braindead idea was her lawyer's, I guess that a client can
always refuse a defense strategy he/she doesn't approve of (IANAL of course,
so I could be wrong).

In any case, this illustrates the kind of problems individuals run into when
trying to fight this kind of thing. She possibly had a good case and she
could have received help from competent IP lawyers but either she couldn't
afford them or she didn't even know such lawyers existed.

G.