POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering sphere_sweep very slow : Re: Rendering sphere_sweep very slow Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering sphere_sweep very slow
From: Warp
Date: 14 Sep 2007 10:32:34
Message: <46ea9b82@news.povray.org>
Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote:
> Depending on your requirements, perhaps a chain of cones + spheres would work as a
substitute, and may render faster?  I realize this is not a direct answer to your
question, but may be a good
> workaround.

  I wonder if nobody has made some include file which creates a mesh
from data similar to the one which you use to define a sphere sweep.
The mesh could render much faster while still looking the same.

--
                                                          - Warp