POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : 3D mouse! : 3D mouse! Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:13:08 EDT (-0400)
  3D mouse!
From: scott
Date: 14 Sep 2007 04:59:18
Message: <46ea4d66$1@news.povray.org>
I got myself one of these today:

http://www.3dconnexion.com/3dmouse/spacenavigator.php

It is the business - true 6 DOF movement and a dream to use, it's so smooth.
The thing is a good weight and feels really solid and well built (the base
is a pretty chunky bit of machined steel).

The idea is you use it with your left hand while using the mouse with your
right hand.  It feels a bit weird to start with, but once you get the hang
of it (which doesn't take long) you wonder how you ever managed to navigate
in 3D with your mouse.

It works in Catia like a dream, and also works in google Earth for cool 3D
flying about.  Support in Blender seems a bit pants though, but I see they
are working together to fix this for the next release.

I was also wondering if someone could interface the Wii controller with a PC
to control 3D graphics rotation/movement - should be possible, but probably
doesn't have the accuracy or resolution.