POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Virtual insanity : Re: Virtual insanity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Virtual insanity
From: Jim Charter
Date: 12 Sep 2007 21:58:52
Message: <46e8995c$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> Hey, that reminds me - how long you been teaching the class you teach?

A little over a year ago I began teaching at the Taxi Institute.  I
began teaching a defensive driving course there.  Really the standard
thing but it is an ongoing requirement for cab drivers to take it in
order to keep their hack license current, so most of the attendees are
in fact cab drivers.  I also began teaching a referesher course that
drivers are required to take on the first year anniversary of their
license.  In May of this year I began teaching the Initial Training for
the hack license.  I wasn't qualified to teach that one until I had
sufficient time in driving.  And that is the course that I was writing
about.

> We've taken to watching "Cash Cab" on Discovery and have often wondered
> if Ben (the host of the show) is actually a licensed cab driver.

Pretty safe assumption.

  His bio
> says he used to be a limo driver (in NYC, IIRC), but we don't know if
> that would be relevant experience.

A hack license allows you to drive limo, technically FHV (for hire
vehicle) but a FHV license is not enough to drive 'yellows'

http://www.nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/home/home.shtml