POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : domain names for large companies : Re: domain names for large companies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: domain names for large companies
From: scott
Date: 12 Sep 2007 07:24:58
Message: <46e7cc8a$1@news.povray.org>
> You're heading into trademark land. Remember Apple, the two  were
> operating in different spheres hence no problem. With Gilles examples the
> French courts should have told Kraft to bugger off, Milka Budmir wasn't
> selling chocolate, wasn't profiting from the association

I'm sure she got a few more hits by people searching for Milka Chocolate...

> Kraft's fault for not registering it  first.

Yep, that was my first thoughts too, but once I started thinking about it,
the woman would have likely been making more profit as a direct result of
Kraft's effort to build the Milka brand.  It doesn't matter that they aren't
the same type of goods, no doubt *some* people who are looking for chocolate
would have taken an interest in whatever she was selling.  I haven't decided
yet whether I think that should be allowed or not.