POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : domain names for large companies : domain names for large companies Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:46 EDT (-0400)
  domain names for large companies
From: scott
Date: 12 Sep 2007 03:33:40
Message: <46e79654$1@news.povray.org>
Say for instance I bought www.nokia.com long before Nokia realised they
needed a website.  Do they have any right to force me to give-up that domain
name, just because they are a huge multi-national company, or is it just
tough luck and they have to pay me whatever it will take?

Would it make any difference if I ran a small company called 'Nokia Gizmos'
or something that nobody had every heard of?  Do they have more right to it
than be just because they are a bigger well-known multi-national company?