POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Denver and Digital cameras : Re: Denver and Digital cameras Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:43:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Denver and Digital cameras
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Sep 2007 10:48:36
Message: <46e6aac4@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook wrote:
>> Do you mean how you have to go and select it again every time you
>> switch to a Program mode? I've noticed that.
>
> Yes to an extent, more along the lines of what's the point of it
> remembering the last settings you used except the drive mode. I tend to
> flick between the Children, and Foliage Scene modes and it keeps the
> drive setting, I'd just like a programmable 'middle-ground' setting I
> can swing the dial to and just keep my finger on the shutter, without
> having to turn on the screen and set the drive-mode every time.
Ah yes, "hold it right there!" - everyone freezes - "er, hang on," - you
tit around with the camera for 12 seconds - "right then!" - too late,
everyone's got bored / fallen over.

> Oh you mean on playback auto-rotating portrait shots on the screen?
Yep. I guess they're mainly there to make sure the image orientation is
correct when the picture is taken, but it's quite nice that it flips
them round in playback too.

> can get a bit confused when you point it straight up though
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/65496354@N00/1113674091/ this was actually
Nice pic. Ditto straight down...