POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: scott
Date: 11 Sep 2007 08:10:40
Message: <46e685c0$1@news.povray.org>
> Ah, doesn't ring any bells. I bet some of the programs would though, I
> used to love that section of the mag.

Aww, I couldn't hope to compete with the likes of Jan Vibe and the other Jan
whose surname I forget :-)

Oh, I just found this:

http://www.drobe.co.uk/riscos/artifact2022.html

>> fire up my old A3010, and figure out a way to get the 120 MB of data off
>> the internal HD and onto my PC to run in the emulator.
> Hmm, if you still have a regular-sized parallel port on the PC you could
> use something called ZeriLink (I think it's still downloadable). It's a
> tiny program, with a DOS app and a RISCOS app. You have to rewire a
> parallel lead too but it's pretty trivial. Then you set it copying and go
> and make a pot of tea. Or six.

Sounds good, I was thinking of programming something similar myself, but
then figured it would be faster to just copy using 1.44 MB floppies 90 or so
times.

I've bookmarked the page for ZeriLink, will give it a shot some time.
Cheers.