POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My laptop is a binge drinker : Re: My laptop is a binge drinker Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:46:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My laptop is a binge drinker
From: scott
Date: 11 Sep 2007 08:03:51
Message: <46e68427$1@news.povray.org>
> I thought turning it on would help it dry, and apparently it was an
> error...

You need to make sure all water (or anything water-based, eg beer) is gone
before turning it on.  As soon as you get water in anything electronic rip
the battery out immediately, otherwise the tracks on the circuit boards (and
the glass if you have an LCD) will start to corrode very quickly.

Only after you have got rid of all the water should you attempt to put the
battery back in and turn it on.  Using ethanol (as Bill did) is a good way
to get rid of all the water, my suggestion was to turn it on to encourage
any remaining ethanol to evaporate.

Sorry if that wasn't clear... I take no responsibility for anyone damaging
anything :-)