POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Sep 2007 07:13:21
Message: <46e67851$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Hmm, I might actually know your surname if I saw it, in that case. I
>> still have many issues of that mag kicking around somewhere.
>
> The surname is Boham, I think they were published around '96 - '98 but
> could be a year or two out, it's been a long time.
Ah, doesn't ring any bells. I bet some of the programs would though, I
used to love that section of the mag.

> fire up my old A3010, and figure out a way to get the 120 MB of data off
> the internal HD and onto my PC to run in the emulator.
Hmm, if you still have a regular-sized parallel port on the PC you could
   use something called ZeriLink (I think it's still downloadable). It's
a tiny program, with a DOS app and a RISCOS app. You have to rewire a
parallel lead too but it's pretty trivial. Then you set it copying and
go and make a pot of tea. Or six.