POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My laptop is a binge drinker : Re: My laptop is a binge drinker Server Time
11 Oct 2024 17:45:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My laptop is a binge drinker
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Sep 2007 05:26:05
Message: <46e65f2d$1@news.povray.org>
Well, I put it back together and booted it up last night. I think it
needs some more drying time :(

I think the HD and motherboard and everything actually within the case
is fine. However, the screen has been badly affected - it has big glare
artifacts across more than a quarter of its area, although all the
pixels seem to be firing OK so maybe the moisture is in a different
layer or something. The keyboard has 7-8 non-functional keys and I have
a suspicion it's sending the wrong characters, because I can no longer
log in - it complains about the password, even though all those keys
appear to work.

Anyway, it's back in bits in the airing cupboard now. I think it'll take
some time to be sure of long-term damage...

(kicks self)