POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : My laptop is a binge drinker : Re: My laptop is a binge drinker Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My laptop is a binge drinker
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 11 Sep 2007 05:17:12
Message: <46e65d18$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v3 wrote:
> 1. Where the hell did you get lab-grade ethanol from?
The lab at work. You've probably got access to some too by the sounds of
it, although I wouldn't go 'borrowing' any unless you know for certain
that you won't get fired for it.

> 2. Isn't that likely to disolve important plastic components?
I don't think so, maybe some of the cheaper adhesives. Now acetone -
that would probably dissolve the circuit boards! Ethanol is particularly
suitable for cleaning electronics because it's hydrophilic,
non-conductive and evaporates very swiftly at room temperature.