POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : _The History of Science_ comments : Re: Voting system - steve, colin, any plans? Server Time
30 Apr 2024 04:11:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Voting system - steve, colin, any plans?
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 10 Sep 2007 19:13:28
Message: <46e5cf98@news.povray.org>
dbott wrote:
> It's suppose to be fun (scratch head)......, isn't it ?.....

Hey, you've got no idea how serious fun can be :)

If anyone's counting, i'd also suggest keeping the two-weeks
schedule for voting.

Another thing i'm unsure of - can non-participants of a
round (who are registered members of tc-rtc) vote, too? This
would help to get a bigger number of samples to calculate
the votes from, and having "independent" voters would also
make sure that a "valid" vote could be calculated even if
the "participants-only" vote for a round is incomplete due
to whatever reasons, and thus invalid.

> And Markus,
> If we don't get a chance to vote on this first round, I would have voted
> higher marks for your animation than Johns. And, thank you for the brutally
> honest marks, I did deserved them. Learning new techniques like particles
> and other things in pov, I let my quality slip a lot. This will improve.
> OOPS this is the stills area......sorry

Well, i'm usually starting with "10", which stands for "OK"
in my book, and add/subtract from there, so i didn't mean
those marks to be brutal in any way!
Apart from that, i'm using quite a different toolset for my
animations than most of the others do, so i guess my entries
are kind of the "odd ones out" :)

An acquaintance of mine runs a freelance recording studio in
his basement and he's offered to try and make a dubbed
version. In german language, with bavarian accent. I'm a bit
scared ... last time he offered to do audio stuff, it was
for the "IRTC: Escape" topic years ago where i was just
hoping for some music, but ended up with sound FX on top of
that, which was ... weird, because the text remained as mute
subtitles :S

I guess we should really move this over to irtc.animations
by now... :)

-M