POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CL-56 Fearless (Rebuild, still draft) : Re: CL-56 Fearless (Rebuild, still draft) Server Time
5 May 2024 14:03:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CL-56 Fearless (Rebuild, still draft)
From: Alain
Date: 10 Sep 2007 10:27:19
Message: <46e55447$1@news.povray.org>
Timothy Groves nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2007/09/09 18:26:
> Jérôme M. Berger wrote:
>>
>>     True enough, OTOH the only ships I've seen with truly conical
>> hammerheads were havenite or andermani. Manticoran hammerheads
>> appear to be always flattened at least a little.
>
> These are flattened at top and bottom, but only the center 6 meters, so
> it doesn't really show.
> During my spare time today, I came up with an idea to make them a little
> more squared up...I may have a prototype before the end of the day.
>
>>     BTW, had you seen this pic (unofficial, but nice):
>> http://harrington.suewebik.net/obrazky/thomas/00027yzs.jpg
>
> Yes, very nice.  :)
>
> Sadly. the Fearless that I've been working up is still a stock
> Courageous;  no Grav Lance, because I have no bloody idea what it may
> look like.  All I know for sure is that the single weapon may fire to
> either broadside.  Any ideas there?
The only two way that I can think of for a single weapon to be able to fire to
both broadsides, is
1 - for it to be turret mounted on the topside or the underside.
or
2 - Some kind of tube ran across the hull where a missile can be loaded both
way. It may also be some energy beam weapon that can fire by ether of it's ends.

--
Alain
You know you've been raytracing too long when you prefer bald romatic partners,