POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Denver and Digital cameras : Re: Denver and Digital cameras Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Denver and Digital cameras
From: scott
Date: 10 Sep 2007 09:41:12
Message: <46e54978@news.povray.org>
> What's a good make/model to look for? I'm not looking for professional
> quality, just something that will take good photos with a minimum of set
> up
> indoors or outdoors. Some amount of optical zoom is essential

I've always gone for Canon myself, both for cheaper point&shoot and dSLRs.
I currently have the PowerShot G7 both at work and at home and am extremely
pleased with it.  It has 6x optical zoom plus an image stabiliser so that
you can use the 6x zoom even with dim lighting and still get sharp photos.
It does nice 640x480x30fps videos too.  It's about 400 euro here.