POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
11 Oct 2024 21:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: scott
Date: 10 Sep 2007 03:08:33
Message: <46e4ed71$1@news.povray.org>
>>> I wonder what people were saying about LCD 20 years ago...
>>
>> Um... maybe I'm just stupid, but I'm pretty sure when I was 7 years old I
>> was *using* LEDs...
>
> Hahahaha!
>
> Oh dear...

:-)

You were probably using LCD too (calculator...watch?), but not in a form
anywhere near suitable for PC displays.  I remember when I was about 10 my
dad brought home a laptop from work.  It had a black and white screen and
the refresh rate was like 2 seconds.  IIRC it ran DOS and we had some Lotus
equivalent of "power point" running - it was hideous to use, if you moved
the mouse too fast it disappeared into a sea of grey blurriness!