POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Screw Loose Change : Re: Screw Loose Change Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:10:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Screw Loose Change
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 9 Sep 2007 20:06:12
Message: <46e48a74@news.povray.org>
Thankfully, the only people who have approached me with that look of 'I
know something and I must share it' have been the easily lead types who
believe there is a conspiracy simply because someone else spent the time
creating a movie about it. The conversation went about like this.

Him: You have to see this video! *link*
I waste 10 minutes doing something else, then realize that he really
wanted me to watch it.

Me:that's interesting, but wrong in so many places.
Him:but...but...explosives had to be there.

I get a wonderful idea involving hollywood movies.

Me:What's an airplane's skin made of?
Him:Uh...aluminum maybe?
Me:And the building was made of, what, cheese?
Him:No, steel and iron.
Me:And what do iron and aluminum do when combined?
Him:I dunno.
wait another few minutes.
Him:well, what's it do?
Me: google aluminum iron oxide
Him:Wow!

He did come back a week later after realizing that it was a thermal
reaction and not an explosion like in the movies. Other distractions had
to be invented then. I havn't talked to him in a while, I'm hopeful that
he at least came to his own conclusions instead of just repeating quotes
from a movie.