POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Multicore insanity : Re: Multicore insanity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multicore insanity
From: Chambers
Date: 9 Sep 2007 13:57:39
Message: <46e43413$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v3 wrote:
> Sure, offering a version that doesn't contain expensive stuff that
> people don't need is a sensible strategy. But deliberately disabling
> functionallity that doesn't cost anything, just so you can charge money
> for it? That smacks of cheating...

Well, there are two ways they could have done it:
1) Sell crippled version for normal price, sell regular version for more.
2) Sell regular version for normal price, sell crippled version for less.

My guess is that they actually do a combination, that is, sell the
crippled version for less less and sell the regular version for less more.

--
...Ben Chambers
www.pacificwebguy.com