POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Multicore insanity : Re: Multicore insanity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:16:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multicore insanity
From: Warp
Date: 9 Sep 2007 10:23:19
Message: <46e401d7@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw <initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:
> Only offer a single version loaded with features and people
> will complain that it's too expensive and contains loads of stuff they don't
> need.

  Not if you offer it at the price you are selling the crippled version.

  How many users would complain that their Windows supports multiple
processors instead of one? It's not even something you see (unless you
really have those multiple processors, in which case *not* having the
support would be quite visible).

> Offer multiple versions with different feature sets and more people
> will buy.

  I have hard time believing people are buying the Home version *because*
it has limited support for processors. They are only buying it because the
other alternatives are more expensive. It's not the features, it's the
price.

--
                                                          - Warp