POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : CL-56 Fearless (Rebuild, still draft) : Re: CL-56 Fearless (Rebuild, still draft) Server Time
5 May 2024 07:00:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: CL-56 Fearless (Rebuild, still draft)
From: Timothy Groves
Date: 9 Sep 2007 06:11:46
Message: <46e3c6e2$1@news.povray.org>

> 	I agree, but the hammerheads still aren't exactly there. I've
> attached a picture of my book which shows a schematic of HMS
> Minotaur. Of course, it's not exactly the same class of ship so the
> scale will be wrong, but the general shape and proportions of the
> hammerheads wrt the hull is probably quite similar for all classes.

Thanks for the pic.  I actually already have it from the Baen CD,
printed out and taped to my wall, along with several others.

I based this attempt on the hammerheads more on the pics of the Reliant
and the Gryphon, which appear to have more conical hammerheads.
Manticore is a completely different platform, after all.

> 	Have you put the chase armament in yet? There's supposed to be a
> spinal laser and two missile tubes but we can't see them from this
> angle.

Yes, I have the two 60cm lasers and two missile launcher tubes in place.
  Since this pic was released, I upgraded the armaments models again.
The two chaser PD missile tubes were still not in place, and the lower
half of the broadside was nothing but empty tubes (and the wrong count
on those, as it turned out).