POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Multicore insanity : Re: Multicore insanity Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:12:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Multicore insanity
From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 8 Sep 2007 08:55:23
Message: <46e29bbb$1@news.povray.org>
Fredrik Eriksson wrote:

> As I understand it, XP Home supports multiple cores but is limited to a
> single processor. XP Pro supports multiple cores and is limited to two
> processors.

Right. So a machine with 2 chips each having 4 cores would work?

(Frankly, you'd be very hard pressed to *find* a machine with more than
2 physical chips...)

I did eventually manage to find this myself:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888732

Doesn't make the matter especially clear, but it seems to confirm what
you're saying.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/