POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:13:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 7 Sep 2007 05:23:23
Message: <46e1188b$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Now, I suppose in product development terms, 12 years isn't very long.
>> But I don't expect this technology to entire the mainstream in my own
>> lifetime...
>
> I wonder what people were saying about LCD 20 years ago...

But LCD hasn't changed how a screen is used, it's just made it a bit
more efficient and a bit smaller (and, arguably, a bit crapper,
certainly in the low end of the TV market). E-paper requires a whole new
product and a whole new set of habits from the consumer. This will take
a little longer. I don't expect to see e-paper widely used anytime soon,
and only maybe within my lifetime.