POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Why are these "invisible" spheres visible? : Re: Why are these "invisible" spheres visible? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why are these "invisible" spheres visible?
From: Chris B
Date: 7 Sep 2007 04:27:23
Message: <46e10b6b@news.povray.org>
"gadoid" <hansen at tkgate.org> wrote in message
news:web.46e0b422c3c9512797e3bb420@news.povray.org...
>  I have hundreds of the
> "electron" objects in the scene.  The only thing I can think of is to
> #declare a different object for every orientation I need since the
> unrotated objects seem to render fine.

I think the easier workaround is to apply the crackle just to the pigment.
You can still apply the finish to the texture afterwards.
Below is an example that makes the problem dissapear with an adaptation of
your Electric Blue Lightning texture.
Regards,
Chris B.

#declare P_ElectricBlue = pigment {
  color  rgb <0.178, 0.122, 1>
}

#declare P_Lightning = pigment {P_ElectricBlue}
#declare P_Clear = pigment { color rgbt 1 }

#declare F_Lightning = finish {
  ambient 5
  brilliance 100.0
}

#declare T_Electron = texture {
   pigment {
     crackle
     turbulence .3
     pigment_map {
       [0.000 P_Lightning ]
       [0.0400 P_Lightning ]
       [0.0800 P_Lightning ]
       [0.00 P_Clear ]
       [1.00 P_Clear ]

     }
   }
   finish {F_Lightning}
   scale 0.1
 }

sphere { <0,1,0>, 0.2 texture { T_Electron} rotate (10+350*clock)*y}