POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 5 Sep 2007 14:11:57
Message: <46def16d$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v3 wrote:
> The maximum load I saw was 40W (during the boot sequence - when
> everything turns on at once). In normal running it hovers somewhere
> below that.

Ah. Right now rendering two scenes (in a mind of testing) with max
brightness on the screen, ie. burning the CPU. I'm not consuming extreme
memory nor using wireless interfaces

groath ~ # cat /proc/acpi/battery/C1B5/state
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          discharging
present rate:            2749 mA
remaining capacity:      3797 mAh
present voltage:         11671 mV

2749mA*11671mV=~32W.

> I didn't check specifically. My laptop has a very dim LCD with poor
> saturation and a horribly narrow viewing angle. No matter how you
> position your head, 50% of the display is always inverted...

For me the display was the most important part of the machine, I got
nearly what I wanted (I got 15" 1400x1050 matt display, I'd wanted 14").

> Should be noted: It's an *ancient* laptop!

Heh. I though more of an ancient (and broken) Linux distro.

> (Now *my* laptop seems to do all this in hardware, not software. Doesn't
> matter what software is running, the fan turns on and off now and then...)

Which is wise choice.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
   http://www.zbxt.net