POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
12 Oct 2024 01:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 5 Sep 2007 13:23:48
Message: <46dee624$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v3 wrote:

> My phone typically needs charging once every 9
> days or so. (Bearing in mind that I never make or receive any calls or
> text messages.)

Actually, come to think of it... usually the meter shows "full charge"
constantly, until you actually attempt to *use* the phone. Then the
meter instantly drops right down to empty. ;-)

As I understand it, it's just very hard to measure how much charge is in
a battery. If you're not drawing any current, the potential will stay up
at maximum until the battery is *really* low. The battery's maximum
current diminishes long before its maximum unloaded potential does...

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/