POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:16:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 5 Sep 2007 13:16:13
Message: <46dee45d$1@news.povray.org>
KalleK wrote:

> I checked our washing-machine and it takes 10W when turned off - as off
> as it could be without unplugging it. So now, theres is an extra switch
> in the powercable...
> This is 1.68 kWh per week - for nothing. The machine has a display which
> is switched off in off-mode, and you turn a switch (physically) , which
> selects the different programs, to off - so you think it should be
> really off. But there seems to be a powerhungry powersupply generating
> low Voltage for the microprocessor all the time or something...

Oh, that's cute.

Well, the washing machine registers a flat 0 with the dial turned to
off. (It's a dial, not just a push button or something. So presumably it
physically disconnects something somewhere.)

OTOH, my PC still drinks 4W even when "off", so...

> In your table you may need a thin line between the different devices, I
> first thought the dishwasher takes up to 280W while booting ?!? Or is
> this wordpress again?

Check the source code. It says <table border="1">. However, the CSS
seems to think it would be funny to remove the grid lines and vertically
center all cell contents... (Again, unfortunately there is no way I can
alter the CSS, much as I long to do so.)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/