POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : _The History of Science_ comments : Re: _The History of Science_ comments Server Time
26 Apr 2024 07:45:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: _The History of Science_ comments
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 5 Sep 2007 08:26:22
Message: <46dea06e@news.povray.org>
"Markus Altendorff" <maa### [at] panoramasde> schreef in bericht

> I guess Steve and Colin are already trying to work something out. Web
> applications can be a pain to modify.
>

> Two thoughts:
>
> 1) either all entrants must complete their voting on all entries for the
> points system to work, or none at all - that's where "panel judges" become
> necessary. A partial vote obviously puts the entrant voters into
> disadvantage.

Yes of course. My impression was (but I didn't control at that stage) when I
voted (sept. 1st) that all(?) images had got 8 votes... But I seem to be
wrong there.

> 2) Voting needs a second timeframe (deadline thru deadline + 1 week sounds
> reasonable, i guess) so that the line-up doesn't change after voting has
> started.

Indeed. That seems obvious. I thought this was also Steve's intention, but
as there was a problem with the site at closing time, maybe that dropped
out...

> Well, if 2) gets implemented, it shouldn't be a problem to have another
> voting period on the last topics by simply tweaking the timeframe's
> end-date...

Thomas