POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
12 Oct 2024 03:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: KalleK
Date: 5 Sep 2007 06:39:14
Message: <46de8752@news.povray.org>
> Actually, what the heck...
>
> http://blog.orphi.me.uk/about/power
>
> (Table of my work so far.)

I checked our washing-machine and it takes 10W when turned off - as off
as it could be without unplugging it. So now, theres is an extra switch
in the powercable...
This is 1.68 kWh per week - for nothing. The machine has a display which
is switched off in off-mode, and you turn a switch (physically) , which
selects the different programs, to off - so you think it should be
really off. But there seems to be a powerhungry powersupply generating
low Voltage for the microprocessor all the time or something...

In your table you may need a thin line between the different devices, I
first thought the dishwasher takes up to 280W while booting ?!? Or is
this wordpress again?

cukk