POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A very good day :) : Re: A very good day :) Server Time
11 Oct 2024 19:14:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A very good day :)
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 4 Sep 2007 18:21:29
Message: <46ddda69$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 01:10:57 -0700, Chambers wrote:

> http://www.pacificwebguy.com/news.php?readmore=28
>
> How was everyone else's?

Started out OK.  Had to take my wife to the hospital for an endoscopy at
7 AM.  She was pretty nervous about it, but everything came back good;
the flip side is that means they still don't know why she's had
stomachaches for the last 6 weeks.

But then it went downhill a bit:  Went and got my allergy shot (no
problems there) and headed over to CostCo to get a prescription filled.
"20 minutes", they said.  Well, I went back to pick it up in 20 minutes
and they said "your wife's not in the system, so we need some info and
then we can fill the script."  Well, BS she's not in the system; we
picked up a prescription for her about a month ago.  25 minutes later,
I'm watching them come tell other people who are waiting that their stuff
is done, but I'm still waiting.  Finally, one of the techs, coming *back*
from lunch saw me and said "Parker?  I know I filled that one before I
went to lunch."  Great, thanks for telling me or for someone else telling
me while I sat there bored out of my skull.  I'd have waited another 5
minutes before making a bit of a scene.

Good thing I didn't pick my lunch up *first*, as it would've surely gone
off sitting in the car waiting for me.

So then I went to get lunch; I've been craving a smothered burrito from a
local small chain for about a week, so I figured I'd go over and get one
to go.  Walked in, ordered it to go, and they said "20 minutes" (I'm
sensing a pattern here).  Sat down and watched people come in, order
lunch, eat, pay, and leave all while I'm waiting for my order.  45
minutes later, I got up and they saw me and said "are you still
waiting?"  Um, yes, I'm kinda, oh, I don't know, HUNGRY!  I enjoyed the
"entertainment" while I was waiting (drunk/high guy staggering around
outside; he sat down in the grass and passed out, then the cops showed
up, followed by 3 paramedic units).  Got a discount on my (now cold)
lunch, but the good news is those burritos get *better* if you have to
reheat them.  And they're pretty damned good to start with (the only
reason I kept waiting).

Stopped and picked up donuts on the way home; the shop was out of glazed,
and the creme-filled ones they gave were custard (not whipped cream as
was requested), so I ended up with the wrong thing.

I suppose it could've been worse, but for the waiting for people to get
their acts together.

And that's the first day of my vacation.

Jim