POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
11 Oct 2024 23:13:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 3 Sep 2007 14:03:05
Message: <46dc4c59$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Even so... that takes it up to, what, 19 mW? I don't know what the
>> other 3,981 W is for...
>
> Heat.
>
>> Convesly, the PC uses *less* power than I was expecting when turned
>> on, so...
>
> Is that with or without POV rendering? ;-)

Without *anything* happening, it uses 110 W.

With my stonking-great video card with a fan the size of a plannet, it
uses 190 W. (Roughly. It waivers a lot.) During the boot sequence it
tops 280 W. (Presumably when all those electric motors all start up at
once...)

Actually, what the heck...

http://blog.orphi.me.uk/about/power

(Table of my work so far.)