POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : can pov-ray be run on background automatically : Re: can pov-ray be run on background automatically Server Time
17 May 2024 07:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: can pov-ray be run on background automatically
From: Darren New
Date: 2 Sep 2007 13:49:45
Message: <46daf7b9@news.povray.org>
zeroin23 wrote:
> is this a window setting problem thingy? or could there be something I can
> set?

Possibly. Download "Powertoys for XP" from Microsoft. Install TweakUI.
Go to General->Focus and check "Prevent applications from stealing
focus". There's undoubtably a way of doing it by prodding the registry
directly, but I'll leave it to you to google.

That *should* prevent the problem, unless POV-for-windows goes out of
its way to steal the focus or does something Microsoft didn't expect.
Which is possible.

I kind of remember being annoyed by this myself. Something in the
configuration of the splash screen steals the focus unnecessarily, I think.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Remember the good old days, when we