POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Power : Re: Power Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:15:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Power
From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 2 Sep 2007 07:32:28
Message: <46da9f4c$1@news.povray.org>

I said it in my blog, and I'll say it again here:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx?menuno=80119&MenuName=Power%20and%20Energy%20Monitors&FromMenu=y&worldid=-6&doy=28m8

> - Have you tried to mesure the power used by electronic devices (TV,
> HiFi, etc.) when they are on standby ? I find it difficult to get a
> estimation for this, and it seems to vary greatly even among similar
> devices ?

Some devices actually use 0 W when off. (A few use 0 W even when on. For
example, the clothes iron, once it's hot.) Most things seem to use less
than 5 W while on standby.

And yes, the TV is one thing I still haven't got round to measuring!

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/