POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : forum unnecessary refresh every 10mins : Re: forum unnecessary refresh every 10mins Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: forum unnecessary refresh every 10mins
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Sep 2007 03:27:52
Message: <46da65f8@news.povray.org>
zeroin23 wrote:
> it is probably my connection problem. Will I hit the anti-email if I like
> open a group, then open like 5-10 threads. (it loads slowly on myside, so
> what I do is look through the list, and open them first, then slowly read
> through each of the tabs.

BTW, you may consider using a real newsreader rather than the newsgroup web
interface if you have a slow connection. Newsreaders can download messages
more conveniently. A tutorial is available for Outlook Express *, but you
can of course use any other newsreader software (i.e. Mozilla Thunderbird
also includes a newsreader). Just point your newsreader of choice to
<news://news.povray.org/> and you are done.

	Thorsten

* <http://www.povray.org/resources/newsgroups/oetut.php>