POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : forum unnecessary refresh every 10mins : Re: forum unnecessary refresh every 10mins Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: forum unnecessary refresh every 10mins
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 Sep 2007 03:04:33
Message: <46da6081$1@news.povray.org>
zeroin23 wrote:
> Will I hit the anti-email if I like
> open a group, then open like 5-10 threads. (it loads slowly on myside, so
> what I do is look through the list, and open them first, then slowly read
> through each of the tabs.

What it does is simply wait for a few seconds _before_ serving the page
(just the page, not i.e. images in the binaries groups) if you requested
several pages in a very short period of time (a matter of seconds). The
purpose is to slow down bots crawling the pages for email addresses or
someone trying to mirror the server.

	Thorsten