POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Questions about radiosity : Questions about radiosity Server Time
31 Jul 2024 06:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Questions about radiosity
From: Zoly
Date: 31 Aug 2007 12:49:39
Message: <46d846a3@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am finishing a set of scenes that make intensive use of radiosity as the
light comes from outside of the space that I am designing. To allow more
light to enter through the windows, I am applying radiosity in 2 steps:

1. Render without windows storing the radiosity info (save_file)
2. Render with windows and reading the radiosity info from the file
(load_file).

I have some doubts about how storing radiosity info works. I would
appreciate some lighting (in my mind):

1. What radiosity parameters have influence on the info that is stored in
the file (all of them?)
2. What radiosity parameters have influence on the image if I am using
load_file?
3. Does the info in the file overwrite the radiosity parameters in the SDL
code?
4. Can I make the first step at a lower size than the second step?
5. Does it matter where I put the parameters load_file and save_file in the
code (after the actual radiosity parameters, after them, ...?
6. If I get some artifacts in the first step, may I remove them in the
second one?

Thanks for your help,
Zoly