POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be? : Re: Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be? Server Time
29 Apr 2024 01:18:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be?
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 30 Aug 2007 10:19:32
Message: <46d6d1f4@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> 2 min/frame! How can you complain about that, luxury :-)

Tell me about it :) though what i've found has helped me most are the
new graphics cards inside the new box, because i spend most of my time
working "visually", and the abysmal speed of the old PCI/AGP mix i had
before was really cramping my style ;)

Ah well, that see-through chainmail top really did kill the speed, it
seems - with that out of the picture, even the older box is pushing to
1/min.

Well, inside the 3D software, it doesn't matter, and while editing the
videos, it's much easier to handle all those files and folders than on
the XP box i use for the occasional software development and the
"compatibility"... - eh, looks? With a computer? It's below the desk, it
could be a brick for all i care :) but sure is much more orderly on the
inside of the chassis than my PC.

>> file, though. Maybe i should put that online somewhere, too ;)

OK, i'll drop the URL once it's finished.

>> P.S.: Aw, so far there's nothing to be seen from Rusty? :(
>
> I thought that John said that he would enter something.

Yes, that's what i remembered, too. But i keep on hoping... still 18
hours to go, or something. It's UK-time based, isn't it?

-M

P.S.: Arrrgh! Need another 150 frames to add a final punchline... Well,
not "need"... "WANT!"

*sigh*

Creativity, where were you half a month ago...?