POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be? : Re: Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:51:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Only 48 hours, and: how long should the description be?
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 29 Aug 2007 14:28:53
Message: <46d5bae5$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> Not knowing anything about your application (and when has that ever stopped

> had that a few times and when I re-create the file all has been well. If in
> doubt blame someone else.

Heh :) but it was my mistake, of course... that, and the
problem that precision is finite.

Mapping: cubical. My chosen angle: 45 degrees.
Problem: during rotation, the cumulated result down the
object hierarchy may have been 44.999999 - or 45.000001
Result: every now and then, the texture was indecisive if if
belonged to the front or the side of the cube.
Solution: use 44 degrees. And it's OK now. :)

I'll let it run again, so my video won't be ready until
tomorrow afternoon...

-M