POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : A challenge : Re: A challenge Server Time
11 Oct 2024 13:16:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A challenge
From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 29 Aug 2007 13:11:25
Message: <46d5a8bd$1@news.povray.org>
Kyle wrote:
> Have you seen what Black Mesa has done with the test chamber?
>
> http://www.blackmesasource.com/media/anomalous_tc_01.jpg

Technically far superior. But... well, it looks more "industrial" than
"scientific" now. Like, before it was this shiny mad-scientest doom
machine. And now it's a run-down industrial *tool*...

> Their work is really nice, but I wonder how many people will still care when they
finally come out
> with the finished mod?

Indeed. I love the idea, but... hmm... they make all the levels look too
"ordinary" and not far-out enough. Everything looks kind of boring.